There are several solutions about the the movabletype localization, the best resources are:
- Movable Type Ultimate Handbook – A big5 website with downloadable Chinese book, very good for newbie. This website also provide full package of Chinese icons, translations and manuals.
- An unknown author’s tip of localization.
By reading the informations, I did my localization as follow:
- Open mt.cfg under the cgi-bin folder, set NoHTMLEntities to 1, and set PublishCharset to GB2312. Make sure the GB2312 is uppercase.
- Open CGI.pm under MTextlib, find $self->charset(‘ISO-8859-1’); change the ISO-8859-1 to GB2312. Also, make sure it is uppercase.
- Save the zh_cn.pm file to libMTL10N, you can download the zh_cn.pm from the following links (do remember change the file name to zh_cn.pm):
UTF-8 encoded zh_cn.pm
GB2312 encoded zh_cn.pm