You never know where is the key point. At the very beginning, I thought the most difficult part will be the configuration for Evernote mode and w3m will be the easiest. Guess what? The w3m mode cost me around entire week including installed a brand new ubuntu. I only spent 3 minutes on evernote mode, so i said you know how much time you need just only for a tiny problem. Please treat any programmer/administrator well.
The official website for the evernote mode project is at: http://www.evernote.com/about/developer/projects.php
The reference document at: http://emacser.com/evernote-mode.htm
- Install w3m and configure all the thing well (check my other articles)
- Run cygwin terminal (assuming cygwin is already installed)
- Enter ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp
- svn checkout http://emacs-evernote-mode.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ emacs-evernote-mode-read-only
- Change the folder name emacs-evernote-mode-read-only to emacs-evernote, you can leave it as is without modification. I do this only for my personally consistence requirement.
- Enter emacs-evernote/ruby
- ruby setup.rb
- Get cygwin-mount.el (http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/cygwin-mount.el)
(add-to-list ‘load-path “~/.emacs.d/site-lisp”)
(setq evernote-enml-formatter-command ‘(“w3m” “-dump” “-I” “UTF8” “-O” “UTF8”)) ; option
(add-to-list ‘load-path “~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/emacs-evernote”)
(global-set-key “C-cec” ‘evernote-create-note)
(global-set-key “C-ceo” ‘evernote-open-note)
(global-set-key “C-ces” ‘evernote-search-notes)
(global-set-key “C-ceS” ‘evernote-do-saved-search)
(global-set-key “C-cew” ‘evernote-write-note)
(global-set-key “C-cep” ‘evernote-post-region)
(global-set-key “C-ceb” ‘evernote-browser)
That it, enjoy!